By David Waldstreicher
A significant other to John Adams and John Quincy Adams offers a set of unique historiographic essays contributed by way of best historians that hide assorted facets of the lives and politics of John and John Quincy Adams and their spouses, Abigail and Louisa Catherine.
- Features contributions from best historians and Adams’ scholars
- Considers sub-topics of curiosity equivalent to John Adams’ function within the past due 18th-century loss of life of the Federalists, either Adams’ presidencies and efforts as diplomats, faith, and slavery
- Includes chapters on Abigail Adams and one on Louisa Adams
Read Online or Download A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
Within the early 20th century a flow flourished within the Midwestern states bordering the good Lakes to champion the St. Lawrence path because the resolution to simply transporting items out and in of the centre of the continent. inner rivalries within the usa and Canada held again the undertaking for 50 years till Canada all of sudden made up our minds to construct a seaway by myself, pressuring the yank Congress to co-operate.
The arrival of the hot Deal, 1933-1935, quantity of Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and biographer Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. ’s Age of Roosevelt sequence, describes Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s first tumultuous years within the White condominium. entering workplace on the backside of the good melancholy, FDR instructed the yankee people who they've got not anything to worry yet worry itself.
Each summer time from 1904 to 1967, for sixty three years, Riverview�the world�s biggest entertainment park�opened its gates to thousands of individuals from all walks of lifestyles. for 3 generations, the Schmidt�s relations park provided rides, indicates, nutrients, and song to males, girls, and particularly teenagers. Riverview survived depressions, international Wars, exertions disputes, Prohibition, and a World�s reasonable that threatened to take loads of its enterprise.
Winner of the Midwestern stories publication Award, The Midwestern Pastoral: position and panorama in Literature of the yank Heartland relates Midwestern pastoral writers to their neighborhood geographies and explains their techniques. William Barrillas treats 5 vital Midwestern pastoralists---Willa Cather, Aldo Leopold, Theodore Roethke, James Wright, and Jim Harrison---in separate chapters.
- American Civil Religion: What Americans Hold Sacred
- Leaders of the American Civil War: A Biographical and Historiographical Dictionary
- Jonesborough (Images of America)
- Apocalypse Management: Eisenhower and the Discourse of National Insecurity (Stanford Nuclear Age Series)
- Haunted by Atrocity: Civil War Prisons in American Memory (Making the Modern South)
Additional resources for A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to John Adams and John Quincy Adams (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by David Waldstreicher